Even though selling photos online is not that popular yet, there are people actually making a living from this (and I'm an example myself). All you need is a digital camera! Unfortunately, often enough, photographers complain that the pay they were supposed to receive for a photo (or set of photos) never made it to them. And when we talk about a $200 pay, it really matters!
People usually run into problems like this for a simple reason: they choose to sell their photos to people who are allegedly going to pay them big money, rather than doing some research and go for a secure transaction.
Even though you will always have better offers from private buyers, rather than stock photos websites, it is sometimes better to say to yourself: "Hey, you know what? Better safe than sorry!".
I've been making a living as a freelance photographer for a couple of years now (I am not rich, but $3000 a month can buy about everything I need), and I can honestly say that the biggest part of my steady income comes from ordinary websites like fotolia.com.
Managing to draw an actual salary from websites like these is very hard when you are just starting up, but after getting the hang of it the road to success is clear.
I say this because such stock photos websites are usually the places where private buyers approach me. And so we get to the other category of buyers in this industry.
As a photographer, you will always find the $200 that private buyers offer more attractive than the two bucks you can get for selling your photos on specialized websites. But make sure you do your homework before accepting an offer!
If you want to find out more about selling photos online and how you can make money from it, you can either go read the original version of this article at Where Can I Sell Photos For Guaranteed Pay or visit the main site, Where Can I Sell Photos For Guaranteed Pay.
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment